PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 22:49
Tankengine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ruprecht

Precisely.

Capt Colonial, AIPA is dealing with the information given by the company and the company has no idea when the 744s are leaving. So what would you have AIPA do? Formulate a dozen contingency plans and brief the membership on each one, knowing that only one (or none) may come to pass?

The RIN is going to suck, no two ways about it, but heaping scorn on AIPA isn’t helping anyone.

I think this is exactly the problem.
The company is unsure when each aircraft is leaving and pilot wise would love people to just bid progressively onto the 787s which will replace the 747. With year four pay only if RINned this won’t happen to any great degree.
The problems with multiple RIN displacements will mean one RIN at the end (in my opinion) leaving a bunch of crew to be trained all at the same time - this will create a training backlog worse than any seen to date, not to mention displacements and ongoing residual training.
The company doesn’t know, therefore AIPA cannot know!
The latest from the company basically says: “we don’t know, we don’t know when we will know, it will be done accordingly to the contract”
I suggest as a start that anyone concerned READ THE CONTRACT.

The latest list of retirements of 747 airframes is quite different to the earlier one only a few months ago!