PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 21:00
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Colonial
I am glad that “you can understand the uncertainty” headmaster, as a lot of the B-747 Pilots are living with the uncertainty and the apprehension due lack of information. Alas, your reply appears aloof and condescending given the effect a RIN will have on all fleets and a significant number of Pilots.

As I pointed out previously, there exists enough base-line data for either the AIPA or the Company to generate a spreadsheet of a timed exodus. However, the company who want Pilots to Bid off the B-747 have no interest in producing such data for obvious fiscal and administrative reasons. The question is why AIPA has NOT shown such leadership and promulgated data to its financial members. Certainly, many members of AIPA, who will be affected by a RIN and who I have spoken with recently, ponder and deliberate what they are paying their dues for at AIPA given the lack of attention to the RIN matter at this time!

Correct: Without that policy being driven at the last EA there would be No Such Protection in place!! Thus, you are incorrect!
If it is so easy and there is enough base line data, why not produce this data yourself?

Regarding the protections mentioned, this was negotiated by the negotiating team based on the experience of the previous 747 and 767 RINs. It was not 'driven' by anyone on the committee and certainly not 'driven' by PM.