PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 19:36
Capt Colonial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theheadmaster
I can understand the uncertainty that an upcoming RIN will be stressful and those likely to be affected will want information. I think you need to wait to see what unfolds here before criticising AIPA.

Not sure how you have come to believe 'one of the B-747 AIPA Committee members astutely drove the Year 4 pay-deal clause'. The way you have worded that statement, it makes it look like without that input, there would be no such protection. If this is your proposition, it is incorrect.
I am glad that “you can understand the uncertainty” headmaster, as a lot of the B-747 Pilots are living with the uncertainty and the apprehension due lack of information. Alas, your reply appears aloof and condescending given the effect a RIN will have on all fleets and a significant number of Pilots.

As I pointed out previously, there exists enough base-line data for either the AIPA or the Company to generate a spreadsheet of a timed exodus. However, the company who want Pilots to Bid off the B-747 have no interest in producing such data for obvious fiscal and administrative reasons. The question is why AIPA has NOT shown such leadership and promulgated data to its financial members. Certainly, many members of AIPA, who will be affected by a RIN and who I have spoken with recently, ponder and deliberate what they are paying their dues for at AIPA given the lack of attention to the RIN matter at this time!

Correct: Without that policy being driven at the last EA there would be No Such Protection in place!! Thus, you are incorrect!