PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 11:36
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man

Firstly I appreciate this debate been civil. My answer to that is I think many pilots are attracted to the “ glamour” of long haul aviation destinations, they are also sick of going to work so often and not having heavy crews. The reality will sink in, it’s not glamorous. Back to back JFK patterns out of Bne very very hard work and many other sectors will soon lose their appeal. The health effects of flying these long term will not be known for years however IMO from my own experience and my contemporaries around me they will not be good.

I don't disagree. However, my point is that although I can respect your opinion that the 787 deal is not good, that does not equate to AIPA being useless or being an arm of the company. At the time of the EBA, and remember, EBA9 was conducted in the wake of the 2011 lockout and uncertainty about the viability of the business, the pilots showed an overwhelming level of support. I can understand that the sentiment now is different, and pilots might not support a similar deal today. Once again, remember, AIPA can only negotiate a deal that members have the mettle to fight for.

Last edited by theheadmaster; 11th Nov 2018 at 11:46.