PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 07:50
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man

Again and it is only my opinion a lot of long haul pilots believed that they would never to fly under what I call the B scale on the 787 so as they wanted the back pay they voted it up. The reality is however that IMO all present long haul aircraft except the 787 will be gone in under 10 years then everyone can operate under the new scale. It won’t be me and I’m very happy about that.
I agree with you. It is likely that whatever new aircraft is purchased under project sunrise will probably be on a pay system similar to that on the 787. What the hourly rate is will be an interesting question. I also agree that the 747 and most likely the A380 will not be in Qantas service in 10 years time. I don't agree that the 787 is on a B scale. In my view, a B scale is where there are pilots working for the same employer flying the same aircraft, but on different rates. That aside, I have no problem with you having a view that you don't like the structure of pay and conditions on the 787. What I am having difficulty with is working out how this equates to AIPA being useless or being an arm of Qantas. As has been stated, there are pilots bidding off the A330 and 737 to the 787. In terms of the seniority to get there, it sits between the A330 and the four engine types. If the conditions were considered poor by the majority of pilots, you would see that reflected in the seniority for the 787 going low. This has not happened.