PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Course
Thread: ATP Course
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 06:51
OzzieFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! For what it’s worth, I don’t really need the 320 type rating added to my licence, as I assume should I get into one of the big boys they’d type me anyway. Happy to be corrected on that though!

Originally Posted by bafanguy
If you could stand the financial slap in the face, you could go to one of the US regionals taking your fellow Aussies and let them get you the FAA ticket at no cost to you.
Unfortunately not, too big a slap in the face for us with current commitments which is a shame.. had it been 5 odd years ago or so it would have worked perfectly!

Care to elaborate on the Delta KATL ATP CTP course theory you have??

Originally Posted by MarkerInbound
If you have a Canadian license you just need the ATP CTP course and a 60 question test. If you hold any other country's license you will have to complete the CTP, pass the regular ATM written and then complete a course of ground and flight training before the checkride.
You don’t happen to know if Canada has an easier ATPL transfer process from Australia do you? Theoretically could transfer my ATPL to Canada, do the CTP and 60 question test and get an FAA one.. bit sneaky.

Referring to the “ground and flight training before the check ride” for non Canadian licence holders i.e. me.. are you referring to doing a type rating or is this a separate course required before doing an ATP check ride?

Originally Posted by zondaracer
For what it’s worth, a friend of mine did his ATP checkride in the A320 simulator at the United facility but didn’t pay extra to have the type rating added.
Which United facility was this if you don’t mind saying? Might get in contact. Just seems insane to do a full type rating of a plane I’ve been on 5+ years.. might be easy though at least hah.

Thanks again!