PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 01:12
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by crosscutter
I really don’t think it is about being fooled.

The last EBA was just that...the last EBA... decided on under that time and conditions. It secured the 787 for mainline. At last check there is no shortage of pilots jumping across to the new conditions on the 787, including the stream lead.

EBA’s are not personal, they are business. My concern is the apathy, and lack of recognition that to change the status quo (read EBA) requires fight. It might require individual gain to be put to the side for the collective good. For months or years now SH pilots have been complaining about rosters, workload and work/life balance. Yet still there are pages and pages of pilots with their name in the book to help the company. Still pilots extend duty beyond what is required.

Pilots so often end up tilting the risk reward scale well into the personal risk zone under the guise of professional conduct or personal gain. This is taken advantage of by the company during negotiating time.

Pilots are either gutless, selfish or at best apathetic. Until this changes, proclaiming pilots were fooled is giving management far too much credit when the real answer stares you back in the mirror.

I agree with you crosscutter.