PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Concorde thread (Don't start a separate one!)
Old 16th Oct 2003, 23:13
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing is, whoever is on the left seat or in charge in the tower on the day may way dissapoint a lot of people if a last minute decision to change runways is made! that would be fun (not..)
Not a fair comment dude!!!! Changing runway direction isn't something done for entertainment. While I can honestly feel for those of us who would love an opportunity to bid a fond fare-thee-well to the pointy one, unfortunately Heathrow isn't the best place for an influx of spectators.

If I had a dollar for the number of times I have skipped off the M25 on my way to West Drayton on a weekend and met a throng of people parked on the footpath/road under the 09L threshold when we're landing easterlies. And some of the parking efforts are down-right dangerous. Mixed in with the T5 work and road work going on at the moment, that end of the airport is asking for trouble!

And, I agree it sucks the viewing gallery on top of the Queen's Building is still closed, but this is going to be one of the busiest days we have had! As BahrainLad mentioned, T1 has been closed in the past due to congestion. Guarenteed the roads about are going to be gridlocked with passengers already.........as much as I hate to say it, I don't want to be anywhere near the place. I'll be sitting in a pub somewhere, recalling ky own fond memories (and if we are easterlies, it'll be in Windsor!)