PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth trying to go to CX
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2018, 22:05
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you have to make in order to live at a given standard of living depends completely on where you are. Raw numbers mean nothing.

As has been said, do some research. Don't know exactly where you live in Canada, but I am completely certain you will wind up MUCH worse off if you go to HKG (especially on the new POS 18). And also have education and medical to deal with on top of everything else.

Sometimes the grass is really greener. In your case I strongly believe it is not. But talk to someone who works here and is objective as to what is going on. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who will say it's a good idea to come over.

The fact that most SOs who have other options (as well as many FOs and even CNs who had joined when things were relatively good and thought this might be a career airline) are leaving (and dumping a whole bunch of seniority in the process) should tell you something. In fact, I don't know ANYONE who is looking at a career of doing this (and who might have other options) who is NOT leaving or in the process of finding a new job.

Don't whine later you were not warned.