PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth trying to go to CX
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2018, 18:55
metalbusdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worth trying to go to CX

So looking through most of these threads everyone seems disappointed in the new contract that CX has come out with for its pilots. Being honest didn't get the whole scoop of it from here/people I know that work at CX. I am looking for something to live overseas somewhere and work where my wife and young child could come with me and I wouldn't be away at work for consecutive weeks at a time. Currently I work probably 16-20+ days a month (away 3 days at a time mostly) and fly my bag off to barely make over $100k CAD.

So guess my question is in your opinion with the new contract would it be worth someone to come over and work for a couple years at CX to see HK and the areas around it and fly for a different airline and get a type rating on a larger aircraft? or worth just avoiding CX all together. Also any insight on general life as a pilot at CX would be great as far as pairing lengths, days away from home, days worked in a month.

I do understand you're new contract is bad compared to previous versions, but as far as Canadian Airlines go they don't have anything that look that worthwhile anymore either.

thanks,