PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot strike
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 14:46
kessler1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[/QUOTE I do have to say that this photo seemed like a blatant attempt to cause damage to the companies reputation.
.[/QUOTE]

I don't often reply in the rumours and news. However I have been following this post since the beginning as I had sort of a vested interest - I had a flight booked with Ryanair back in September. Having been on the receiving end of one of the strikes - the return flight was cancelled at short notice, potentially leaving me and my woman stranded in Germany - I feel the need to respond. Whilst the pic of the cabin crew pretending to be asleep on the floor may have been childish, I believe that Ryanair have done a great job already of damaging the company's reputation by the number of strikes that have already taken place. I for one will never fly with them again - and this was my first and last flight with them!

It is to be hoped that the thousands of other passengers who have had flights cancelled by them will feel the same way. Our return flight was to have taken place on a Wednesday but was cancelled on a Tuesday afternoon, around 2.30pm German time, but by the time we found out it was around 6pm. Ryanair were only able to offer another flight home on the Friday afternoon but we had to be home due to commitments on the day of the original return flight. Therefore we had to try and arrange a flight with another airline. By that time we were left with the dregs that nobody else wanted to pay for - We had to pay around 1200 Euros with Eurowings in business class to get home.

Ryanair would only refund the return part of the flight which amounted to a total of around £83.

My sympathies lie with the flight and cabin crew in this dispute.

So as I say, Ryanair themselves have damaged their own reputation.