PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot strike
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 14:19
flyingmed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by longlayover

When you are a limited company you can not give the big investors realistic information behind closed doors and keep this information from other investors, that would be insider trading and is not only illegal but also very damaging for the trust in the stock market in general.
I'm just referring to the fact that any normal investor would do some research before investing. Those people who invest in FR because they see O'Leary on tv saying "Everything is fine!" are not the smartest. it is his job to paint a nice picture of Ryanair to ensure a stable future for the company. Basically the idea that he is 'frauding investors' because he is trying to calm markets saying FR is fine is quite bizarre.

Originally Posted by harrryw
There were times that companies thought of their responsibilities to their employees and if they had this could never have happened so it could not have been in social media.
A bit like rushing out the black paint to cover up the logos when the results of lack of mainainance occur.
Yes I agree the company are probably terrible to work for, however I am only speaking towards the crew. Their actions were very stupid in my opinion and any company (not only FR) would have fired them for publicly criticizing them. The debate about FR and how they treat the employees is a boring one as I think we are all in agreement there!