PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Low Cost Carrier
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2003, 21:30
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mr seatback i missed flying with you the other day... i was not well!

re: using airconnex/impulse... do you think they really would? They have already stated that their base would be somewhere other than syd (prob bris) and that they are considering running either A320s or 737s... surely they wouldnt cross train NJS and Impulse crews onto this new a/c which would mean training new crew on 2 or more a/c types, re training us on the new a/c AND still recruit enough new crew to operate 23 a/c in addition to the normal QFlink routes, , however diminished they may become.

When AO started.. did they recruit from scratch like a seperate company? it is my understanding that they did although i didnt really follow it at the time so dont know how it worked but i am thinking that this will work simmilar. i dont think we will lose our jobs or anything over this, We will still get to fly our superjet here and there (possibly some newer locations) but i think we will also lose a few ports in the process. These new crew will prob all be put under casual or PPT contracts or leased out from somewhere like MAM. i doubt QF will be hiring any crew of their own accord anymore, too costly!
i have a bad feeling we wont be going to tassie anymore toto!