PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RyanAir just keep on digging ...
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2018, 10:28
Daddy Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a ridiculous argument. If you are being treated unfairly or badly at work the choice should not be accept it or quit your job. That is the worst of all worlds. Rules and regulations are meant to be in place to protect employees so they cannot be bullied by powerful companies. There needs to be an avenue where you can challenge the company properly without repercussions or losing your livelihood especially when you have a family to support.

Equally when somebody says those are the terms on offer, take it or leave it...NO! If the terms are rubbish and dont provide a livable wage along with fair and friendly working conditions then you are just taking advantage. Its easy to say dont take the job but when you have a family and kids to support and are jobless you will take it because you have no choice. That is not conducive to a productive environment nor is it representative of a first world western nation that is supposed to provide the highest standards of living because of our democracies and rule of law.

I agree you need to be professional and lying about what is going on in the above mentioned photo does harm the companies image (RYR helps themselves a lot in that department as well) but ask yourself why this is happening and where it came from. RYR has mistreated staff for decades and can afford to just drop 100K on an unfair dismissal payment now and then, staff members cant afford to lose their jobs whn getting utterly despondant about being mistreated so seek some kind of revenge.

If the CAA/Government/watchdog etc were doing their jobs properly and enforcing the law then Michael O'Leary and Ryanair should never have got away with half the stuff they have done over the years and he should have almost been penalised out of business because of his own illegal acts and stupidity.

Rant over

Originally Posted by The Old Fat One
Nowhere in my post do I defend RyanAir or their corporate policies.

I'm merely pointing out that in a professional environment, there are professional ways to behave and to make your voice heard (one of which is, as pointed out above, is to hand in your notice). Faking pictures and posting them on social media is unprofessional irrespective of the circumstances and does nothing to further the cause of improving terms and conditions...meh, I guess it might throw a spotlight on things a little bit, but at the cost of losing one's job. Still maybe they all see that as a worthwhile sacrifice, in which case, I guess you can give them a little credit for their altruism.

I'm done.