PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice from JET 2 pilots please
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2018, 21:06
twogoodstarts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hec7or
no, not accurate at all, he forgot to mention the summer mayhem, early flights followed by late flights and back to earlies in the same week, 7 days on 2 off, delays caused by a shortage of ramp staff, no pushback crew, no aircraft steps on arrival, missing passengers, missed ATC slots, crappy hotels, roster changed every day, fatigue reports, discretion reports, but plenty of time sat in traffic on the M1,M18, M6, M25, M23 to reflect on how disorganised the operation at TUI is in the summer.

they don't moan about it publicly because it is discouraged by the union
Hmmm doesn’t sound like the Thomson/TUI I’ve been working for. Summers are busy but rosters are protected by Union rules in addition to basic FTL’s. The earlies to lates to earlies you mention is one example of rostering that isn’t allowed under those rules.
Only time I’ve ever had 7 days on is being down route on a beach somewhere on a weeks trip.

Crappy hotels? Only ever stayed in 4/5 star hotels (again as per union agreements governing hotel quality although some down-route are all-inclusive).
Roster changes do occasionally occur but changes are only allowed within a two hour window of original duty (union rule again).

Discretion? Yes occasionally asked by crewing, some crew say no and no questions ever asked.

Yes quite often spend time in company transport on said motorways e.g to and from LGW/MAN if trip finishes at a different base to where you started but transport is always a luxury coach with reclining seats, plenty of room, WiFi etc...

Yes the company does have it’s moments but unlike most UK airlines now days, still bears a fair degree of resemblance to its former legacy self. Although sadly I fear it will be the likes of the low-cost empire that will put an end to this.