PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Airspace Modernisation Proposal & Consultation
Old 4th Nov 2018, 02:01
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
triadic,
I guess everybody has long forgotten, but we actually once had a requirement for (effectively) cost/benefit justification of any aviation legislative proposal, in the legislation.

This was in the mid-1990s.

In the midst of some major legislative reform, the (by then CASA) Legal Branch quietly arranged for its repeal to be buried in a mass of other legislative change, buried in the consequential amendments that change always brings. Of course, it is very hard to spot something being erased, as opposed to something added, without positive reference, which was also carefully buried. Even a bloke hired to scrutinize all "new" legislation missed it, so well was the statutory notification buried.

One of the many totally cynical acts I (and you) have witnessed over the years.

Of course, the re-interpretation of S. 9A of the Act followed, falsely claiming (to this day) that CASA CANNOT take cost into account.

Now we are told the GAAG (after almost 20 years) has agreement with the Department and the pollies to put us back to where we were all those years ago.

I will believe the IRON RING will accept that when I see the legislative amendment "on the books".

Tootle pip!!