PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly a320
Thread: Pay to fly a320
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2018, 12:48
Ilyushin76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seagull201
Luai or is it Louie,

I know what you're trying to do, you are trying to look for opportunities, to buy the experience on an A320,
then use that experience, to get a proper paying job.

It's your choice and decision to do that, but something you have to understand, going down this road, is expensive and it's going to cost, lot's of money.

First you have to get an A320 type rating in your license, the simulator only, costs up to 30 to 40, 000 USD,
This cost may include the 6 circuit, take offs and landings.

Getting an A320 type rating in your license, with only, light general aviation twin aircraft experience after pilot training, can be a nightmare of an expense, as you aren't airline sponsored and you have to pay for all expenses yourself.
Be careful of this type of expense.

Anyway, if you did have an A320 type rating in your license, i suggest you look at the SkyAngkor website/Cambodia, they had an advertisement, under news,
in 2015,the advertisement it's still there, looking for 6 cadet pilots, CPL/IR/A320 type Rating, offering line flying up to 500 hours, you would be employed from 500 to 1,000 hours.
Total cost was $56K USD, plus your own accommodation and,meals.
I don't know if they still accept new pilots to pay2fly, there's an email there, which can be sent to recruitment.

Reading other posts (you can find it), the operator in Vietnam, wanted $50K USD, before doing the simulator check.

Unless you are super rich or you don't mind giving strangers 50 to 56K USD, into a bank account, to people you never met, i don't recommend you try this,
pay2fly, unless you first meet the company and people you're going to deal with.

All the people that are attacking you on this thread, come from a first world aviation country and have airline pilot jobs, they don't understand your circumstances.

But you have to understand, this adventure costs over $100K with a type rating and pay2fly, also you cannot be sure the people at these companies, will train
you properly.

It's all a big risk, but if you got the money (no bank loans), at least, get properly trained in your A320 type rating.

All the best
I think this was the best explanation given. Spot on !