PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK GA Misogyny;Are Female Pilots Denigrated.
Old 31st Oct 2018, 12:41
Duchess_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@crash one. I know where you are coming from with that sentiment- as a young child and even into my late teens my father would guide me to be a “protective” element towards the women in my life. That’s just the way it was then. Centuries of male “dominance” of the social environment/work place caused that conditioning to a point where what was deemed acceptable for a male to endure would make the blood boil if a female were subjected to the same.

However, society (rightly so) has moved to a more (not yet totally) equal footing where what one human endures should not cause any difference in our emotional response. I am frequently being called a dinosaur by my kids for some engrained “responses”. Apparently you’re not allowed to do “gentlemanly” things anymore🤔!

There should be no restriction on what anybody is allowed to do in life and I am a firm believer that if anybody can do the job and accept the associated risks then they should be allowed to follow that path. As GTE states, in the scenario you put forward we should be equally horrified in mans inhumanity towards fellow man - regardless of race, gender, age or (dis)ability.