PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2018, 09:13
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Arabia Maroc

I am booked onto this in Jan, worryingly I booked about 6 weeks ago for £98 return, however I am travelling on Tuesdays, the Friday fares were more expensive but not excessively so....it is an excellent destination, suited to those who want to fly and beach flop as well as those (like me!) who want a bit of adventure. I do hope this one works and that they stick around longer than the usual 18 months....

I think a route to Marrakesh might attract more attention from the travelling public.

As for the pax figures, after 12 months of serious decline dare we bet on an increase in Nov? In terms of pax figures alone BHX is definitely into the third league with GLA and BRS as LTN and EDI have streaked ahead - although it will be interesting to see how EDI fares this winter with a some route and airline consolidation happening,.

I see they have managed to 'replace' the loss of DY next summer with DL to Boston. If BHX were as quick to 'replace' lost routes and carriers like this, we wouldn't be faring quite so badly.