PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Low Cost Carrier
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 21:44
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal view is that it may be part of Impulse somehow. But I think it will be run separate to the current operation, which will remain for the time being.

By this I mean the 717 network stays mostly as is (secondary routes - 'The System of the Golden Jets' ).

Then you have these 737s flying major domestic routes both complementing mainline (ie. flying SYD-PER or SYD-MEL in addition to Cityflyer product) and on leisure routes on it's own (such as SYD-OOL or SYD-HTI). This would be similar to the Air Canada 'Tango' product and also its 'Zip' subsidiary.

As far as taking away SH flying... That is what it is designed to do. Unfortunately. If the SH way of doing things loses money on leisure and low yield routes the Group must replace it with a cheaper operation. Just like when Impulse took over HTI, HBA and OOL flying (though OOL went back to SH after AN collapsed due capacity). This is also the same as JetConnect taking over some Tasman flying. Nothing new is happening.

I do think that the flying lost by SH could be made up by increased regional international flying. Pending any agruements from FAAA - International.

How about some names guys???
I am thinking...

Fresh! by Qantas (tacky but I LOVE it!)
Go! by Qantas
Qantas Express

I think it should still include a small reference to Qantas as people will seek to fly it just 'cause it's 'Qantas'.

I am exhausted and not feeling creative but would love to see what you all think about some names.