PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK GA Misogyny;Are Female Pilots Denigrated.
Old 26th Oct 2018, 12:45
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
The last time I flew was at Sherburn in Elmet, we had a fabulous day and were made very welcome by all and sundry. Great flight around Yorkshire and then back for lunch with some of the regulars (young and old, male and female). Nothing special about that except I was with my youngest child who happens to be trans-gender. So if anyone wants to say I am sexist or misogynist then they can try; for me gender matters not one jot and is just as unimportant as the colour of the socks someone chooses to wear.

This is why I get so angry when people use gender as a tool in an argument they are losing or use it to suit their ambitions when they can, and it is just one of many reasons why I became involved in the "other threads". If anyone has to play the race/religion/sex card in a debate then I know they have no real grounds to support their claims and are just scrabbling at an excuse.

A very good friend of mine was so proud when his daughter was selected to start commercial pilot training on some scholarship programme about 5 years ago, at the time it was something she wanted to do and there were no barriers in her way. Is she a line-pilot now? No she isn't because she gave up having decided that it just wasn't what SHE wanted to do.