PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 26th Oct 2018, 10:59
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slast
Richard North's EU Referendum blog picks up on yesterday's IATA Press Release and teleconference under the heading "Brexit: the inevitable consequence will be chaos".

North seems to think that even IATA's analysis may be over optimistic.
North has a habit of spouting overly pessimistic rubbish, such as "EASA membership is limited to EU countries" (hello Switzerland), and that third country applications from the UK "cannot be made until the UK has left the EU and become a third country. " (EASA are taking them now...).

There is something rather final about the word "inevitable". And when the Director General of IATA uses it, the UK government needs to sit up and take notice."
I think they have - my understanding is that negotiations for bilaterals in case of no-deal exit have been going on for months with multiple non-EU nations (I think North's assessment of time required may be pessimistic, on the other hand I think he is talking about the EU...). Talks on no-deal contingency planning with the EU haven't got very far because the EU side apparently have been instructed not to talk (see e.g. http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...ransition-plan ). Not much the UK can do about that.