PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen
Thread: Jeppesen
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2018, 02:39
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCR is a lot more than a crew request system. It increases the amount of flying on the published roster by assigning patterns much more optimally than humans can. Like JCP which optimizes patterns within defined constraints, JCR optimizes patterns assignment to individual crews’ rosters as it looks at every possible solution. The constraints work counter to the request system. Tighter constraints equals lower requests filled and vice versa.

CX would be stupid to pass on JCR because it further continues the work the JCP starts. The end goal is fewer pilots required to do the same amount of work. Increase the requests filled and sickness rates will go down. The art is in finding that perfect middle ground where enough requests are filled to lower sickness rates while simultaneously keeping the rosters highly productive. Other carriers have managed to do this, but CX likes to re-create the wheel.

I suspect DL wants nothing to do with JCR. It would essentially automate the entire published roster production process, as is the case at real airlines. If that happens, DL loses much of his power and importance. I have little doubt that DL has been working to sabotage JCR from day one. He doesn’t really care about the patterns flown, but he does care about who gets to do what, who makes EFP, and more precisely who doesn’t and has to fly the bad trips. Rostering is still a punitive tool at CX!

I won’t even attempt to delve into day of ops software (JCT). That is so beyond the pale for a bunch of Stone Age Neanderthals like CX ICM that it’s not worth discussing.