PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Pal Logbook Software - HELP
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2018, 02:15
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to this PPRuNe thread from 2011, Steve had shut down the app years ago:

Pilots Pal

I'm not too big on logging time myself now that I've finally got my ATP . However, I do have several thousand hours on pay sheets I could harvest if needed I suppose. Now, where did I put those pay sheets?

I had a similar issue with a nice piece of satellite tracking software I purchased two decades ago. The author grew weary of pirated copies of his work floating around and shut down development in 2001. I continued to use the software for years afterward until one day the program timed out and locked up. I found the author through a Google search and sent him a note. He unlocked my program and I enjoyed use of the app until finally the Windows application programming interface would no longer support the legacy code.

In my experience, some of those old proprietary databases will load into a spreadsheet program if they are not encrypted. Have you tried to view the files to see if they are in ASCII with delimiters perhaps? On the other hand, some of those custom apps used homemade compression techniques to save precious memory that scrambled things beyond all recognition.