PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and Engineers
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2018, 11:18
NutLoose

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,213 Posts
Originally Posted by ivor toolbox
Mine has never been correct,despite many arguments with licensing and somehow at last renewal they lost my light aircraft entitlement.

Be better if we actually get engineers doing engineer licences rather than box ticking clerks

Ttfn
My pearl was having a full group rating but in the same breath an aircraft in the said group listed separately with an airframe limitation on it. simply because at 66 kick off it was listed out of the group incorrectly as a complex aircraft and by the CAA's own listed definitions would only have attained the complex performance by having the wings sawn off and having it fired out of a cannon.
It was then later correctly added to the group, but was still listed both in and out of the group on my licence', Pointing out I could certify it under my group rating, the letter from the CAA clerks telling me you can have a full group rating but without all of the aircraft in the said group had my jaw on the floor, the if it's not in the group then you cannot have a full group rating fell on deaf ears until thankfully someone of late realised the farce it was and corrected it at my last renewal.

Ohh I wish for a simpler time when you asked the question what is its MAUW and is it pressurised and that was it, without having to refer to lists of types to see where it resides today.