PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Rosters
Thread: easyJet Rosters
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 19:48
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cosmijewel

Re 121.5, A NOTAC was issued shortly after the event making this a requirement, which it wasn't before. That was not laid down in any documentation prior to these incidents.

The document found in the crewroom had NOTHING to do with any discussions with the CC and was NEVER put to the council for consideration in that form. It started a huge amount of debate within Balpa members who all got wind of it's contents - all for nothing because it wasn't being considered by the CC for one minute.

So yes it would have been madness - but it wasn't considered. So why do you have a problem with that? I could understand your concern IF the council had given this apparent suggestion any credence.

I can't see how you can say the council are dancing to RWs tune. If that were the case would not the council have simply accepted any of his proposals without question? The fact is that the council says "No", or" not until that's changed" quite a lot. So there's no dancing going on at all.

The 6 month thing has nothing to with the company. It's the CAA. If the Council said "this is not working as planned" the company can say "but/if/maybe" as often as it likes but it won't change matters or stop the CAA reverting.

A main point of these discussions is to make 5/3 contractual. It would really ice if that were tomorrow but, reality says, it will take a little longer. Why can you not accept that that is what Balpa is working to achieve?

NOT ORANGE

Firstly, I won't enter into personal attacks against anyone.

CC members don't get elected and stay there for life! People come and people go and there elections available every year. Some have left because of disagreements (not unusual in any company), others have left because of the drain on time that the job imposes. Nothing unusual in that at all.

Fact is, that the mainstay of last year's negotiating team is still there fighting to make things better. It was clearly stated at the time that last year was step forward (which it was) and that there was still a lot to do. That is being adressed now to get another step forward - hopefully a bigger one. THen work will commence on the following year.

Everything cannot be achieved at once - how nice it would be if that were possible.

Don't know anything about F16 reheat merchants. I haven't read the report but I would have thought it was already out so maybe I'll look it up.

Having flown very (very!) close to aircraft with reheat selected I would say if that doesn't wake someone then there is no way a selcal will.

So no-one on the CC is dancing to any tunes or selling anything - and ALL matters will be put to the registered members to vote on in a democratic fashion when details are there.

Surely there can be no difficulties with that, can there?