PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair flight: 'Racial abuse passenger' referred to police
Old 24th Oct 2018, 02:35
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nemrytter
Oh good, the racism apologists have arrived. Took longer than expected, to be honest - PPRuNe standards are apparently slipping!
Well, if you're referring to me, I'm not sure that pointing out that he doesn't appear to have said what he is accused of having said is being an apologist. Have a listen for yourself.
comment in question is at about 1:26. You tube is nice in that you can slow down the playback rate to 3/4 or 1/2 speed to listen to audio more carefully. 3/4 playback speed seems to be the clearest, but in either, he is very clearly saying "blast-ed" and not "black". So if he didn't say "black" and so far that is the only specific "racist" term any article I have read has alleged was used, to support the allegation that this was a racist tirade ... then what makes this racist? If you're going to accuse me of bigotry, wouldn't basic decency suggest that you at least ought to take a look at what I'm commenting on, before jumping straight to the insults? Seems that it would,

Last edited by A Squared; 24th Oct 2018 at 08:34.