PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS vs VIR @ LHR... ???
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2018, 17:41
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JanetFlight
is this for real ...???
Right now at FR24...

""...between Malaysian A359 (MH4) and Virgin B789 (VS251) ... Controller on duty has been relieved and a report has been filed...."
(From some place in FB & FR24 realms)

https://ibb.co/nuLowV
I checked this out on FR24 playback. The VIR251 is on a closing hdg to ILS somewhere near the Shard , when the MAS 4 appears on an ESE track heading towards the VIR. It appeared that, perhaps, the ATCO may have been trying to fit the MAS In ahead of the VIR ; or, that the MAS had come off a previous RDR hdg without authorization - I am only guessing - the VIR breaks off with a left turn to the SE, & the MAS is turned left , away from the VIR, before being turned back to the South & established on the ILS. Thereafter, the VIR is brought around with a Left turn to establish on the ILS from the south - nicely spaced behind the MAS. It was difficult to determine if RDR separation was infringed (from the map scale used); but, if the a/c hadn’t been turned, they would have been close. I have to say that I did not notice the vertical separation; maybe they would have been separated. I will look again.