PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair flight: 'Racial abuse passenger' referred to police
Old 22nd Oct 2018, 09:33
Kerosine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyingmac
Frankly, if I'd been a passenger and suffered a delay due to him being removed, I would not have been pleased.
The incident was over and there was no danger to the aircraft. Punishing everyone on board would not be a popular move.
Blacklist him. No more flying with Ryanair. Job done.

Leave all the high horse, PC comments to the Daily Wail.

PS. No offence intended by my use of the term 'Blacklist'.
You would rather accept an abusive passengers presence in a tin tube for 2 hours rather than arrive 10 minutes late? If he's mentally unstable and/or drunk and gets violent in flight, would you also refuse to divert for the same reasons? As the captain, YOU are responsible for your crew. Good luck justifying your decision should anyone get injured.

Without wishing any offense, I hope for passengers and cabin crews' sakes you're not making the decisions up front. As a captain you're the only one legally able to take the decision to eject a potential threat to everyone else on the other side of that comfortably locked door. A confident CM will tell you needs ejecting, and a competent CM you can trust to make this decision even though you action it. If your CM is not either of these it's up to you to take the initiative.