PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH558 - not good news?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 15:03
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew,

I'm sorry to inform you Sir, that your comments are utter nonesence. As Grob points out, if you knew the slightest thing about operating large aircraft, then you would know what I'm talking about. The mere fact that an aircraft can taxy under its own steam most certainly does not make it airworthy. And as for your comments about 'div fuel - whats your point? Sure we ALL carry enough fuel for diversion, be it weather or a black runway. But the fuel is of little value to you when the wing has dropped off I would suggest! And as Grob points out, why, if these aircraft are able to 'fly about quite happily' are they NOT doing so? The facts are simple - they ARE NOT capable, thats why.

Damien & Peter, I know you think I am a broken record, but despite my continuing requests to you Damien and to the VOC, Dr Pleming and Dave Walton, why is it that no one can ever get a straight answer out of any of you? Yes I do see the mailing list, but whats in it? adverts for expensive merchandise for 'the fund' There is NO mention about the bird being cut up, so if its NOT true, then why dosen't anyone in authourity come onto this forum and say so?

You are all very quick to slag me off, and that is you right, but why don't you post some FACTS about the bird? Better still, get any of the VOC to log on to Prune, and give us all the facts. That way, at least we will get it straight from the horses mouth, and we may (hic) be able to dispel the rumours that abound.

I'm willing to bet you tho' that in a week, a month whatever, there will be no 'official' word about the fate of 558 - good or bad! and the plees for more money will be made. If this latest rumour is not yet another ploy to tug at the heart strings of those Vulcan fanatics, then say so. However, your lack of factual denial only fuels the scepticism of those of us who are not quite so gullable.

Kind regards
The Swinging Monkey