PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Rosters
Thread: easyJet Rosters
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 14:25
cosmijewel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good response Flaps but you still can't give me one thing where the management have stuck to an agreement with the pilots

Also heard that the crew were'nt asleep but the SOP's were'nt changed as a result of that - they've always been to monitor 121.5 on the spare box so these guys were'nt doing that I presume but getting back to the thread as they were probably totally kn**kered due to the rosters one can feel sorry for them

On the duty time changes (proposed) if I'm not mistaken these discussions have been going on for months and a copy was left in the crewroom so I can assure you I have read it and from what I could see very early starts, 5 days running, 6 sector days and 12 hour flight duties are on the cards - this would be madness.

Thing is though, from what I hear this was not the PCs idea but the PC are once again dancing to RWs tune - we will be stuffed if we do this becos you ca'nt trust them. You just try getting rid of it after 6 months - response will probably be - 'well we've got a few unusual challenges in the next 6 months - markets forces - crew lifestyle will be worse without it you know - viability of the company is at stake - just need to keep the new rules for bit longer - give us a chance to fix the problems - going to bring in some one new - RW is very concerned' and all the other usual b*ll**ks. They had there chance last winter

If we go down this route we are selling out - nothing wrong with CAP371 except that easy don't want to employ the crew number to support there program hence change the rules and get the pilots to work harder ('they're overpaid anyway' and like it or not, that is a quote from an easy manager)

If 5 and 3 is not a contractual right then forget it - ask them now