PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E3 Visa - Flight Instructor Jobs
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2018, 21:33
Ramjet555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry,
That's incorrect. Lets stick to facts.
An F-1 is a Student Visa. It is not for employment as an instructor.
An E-3 Visa is for a either an inexperienced Airline Pilot with a Bachelor's degree to work in a "Specialty Occupation" such as An Airline flying A-B routes.
This does not necessarily cover "Flight Instruction" unless the position falls into a "specialty occupation" which not all schools fall into.

Do NOT believe any of the adverts you see for Flight Instructors in the USA, especially the advert by IASCO
as there is no evidence to date that they have in fact ever hired a single Australian Instructor who did not also have
US Citizenship or already in the USA with a prior legal right to work in the USA.

I've helped Australians get jobs in Canada and that process is "doable"
but the USA is a far higher order of difficulty regardless of the fact
that the USA is desperate for Flight Instructors, Ground Instructors, Crop Spraying Pilots etc.

I have seen no sign that this has changed. If you are thinking of working in North America
as a non-airline pilot, Canada is effectively scooping many of the foreign
pilots that might otherwise fill the demand in the USA.
Again, if you know that the above is incorrect, please send me a PM.

If you actually know of a single case, please PM me.

Originally Posted by Bellthorpe
You're right. My bad.

Sure. They can *apply*. If they're successful, they have to re-apply for a new E-3 visa with the new employer. The existing visa cannot be "moved over" to the new employer.

The E-3 visa is great. Easy to get, simple, indefinitely extensible. But it does have its limitations, and this is one of them. One other advantage is that the visa holders's spouse can get a work permit, and work at anything at all.

Last edited by Ramjet555; 18th Oct 2018 at 02:41.