PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The FI path --- how?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2018, 20:28
Airgus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice is try moving in close circles, get people to know you and to trust you.
Try to find any window to make it an opportunity to fly, to build hours and more important build your own experience.
Gliding clubs tends to be always in need of Tow-Plane pilots, I built nice amount of hours doing that and what is better, most of the people there are used to work as a team, they will try to give you a hand if you show yourself available. Sometimes they need to ferry the AC to another club or championship and you can be the one doing that.
Sometimes your acquaintances may want to go somewhere and they all chip in to help you minimize the cost. Sometimes they may invite you to pax in the plane and you can be the navigator or radio operator in a long NAV.
Make the most of every flight and read aviation at least once a day (a bit of books, accidents investigations, training videos/material, question banks).
When the moment arrives, it will be your call to say, wow I like this activity so much, I will invest 9k and do FI for some years (2 minimum) or commit to a sponsored FI program for 3; or invest my money in further training towards the goal of becoming an ATPL pilot.
Now your goal is to fly, get the hours, built your own personal experience, mold your airmanship. You are lucky to be in a nice season, don’t worry so much.