PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts
Thread: Jeppesen Charts
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2001, 08:09
Bally Heck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo. Please pay attention. The point I am trying to make is that the wording is wrong. I am perfectly aware that 750' is not a stop height.

In the english language it is normal to give instructions in chronological sequence. That way they make sense. In this go around, the first instruction is

"Climb to 750', then turn LEFT onto R-236 to D7.0 RES."....end of sentence. End of first instruction.

The next sentence is "Turn LEFT onto heading 179* climbing to 4000' then turn LEFT direct to VOR and hold."

New sentence. New instruction.

If I gave you directions like "Go down the road to the red building. Open the door, and climb the stairs." It would not mean the same as "Go down the road to the red building, Climb the stairs and open the door."

This is because the instructions are in a different order.

Oz may be right about the reasoning behind it. But in a world where ATC get p1ssed off by pilots reading back "Line up after the landing aircraft" instead of "After the landing aircraft line up." I think we have a right to clear unambiguous instructions for safety critical procedures.