PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 15th Oct 2003, 05:09
Man-on-the-fence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the subject of raising prices for more visiting acts

Having just endured (on Sunday) a long trip round the M25 on the way home from Duxford where I have paid the best part of 20 quid for the privaledge of seeing a show 50% of which was based aircraft I have had a chance to ponder the tricky subject of pricing.

Duxford (excepting legends) lean heavily upon based aircraft for their shows although the percentage of bought in acts is less than OW, the based aircraft used always seem to be the same ones time and time again (ok I know someone will prove me wrong). At OW the percentage of based aircraft used is higher but the are rotated around so its not all the same at each show.

Airbedane has suggested raising the price of maybe one show per year to get some bought in acts. Nice theory but what if the advertising that has been promised brings the Smith family to OW for the first time, only to find out that the cost is similar to Duxford with a greater atmosphere but less museum to visit (Dux always make a big play on being able to visit the museum for the cost of show entry). My guess I that they would be one time visitors.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is no place with the atmosphere and "bang for your buck" as OW. If we are to have a show with more outside acts - and the more I think about it, the more I doubt that the current ratio should be changed much - then I feel it would be better to spread the cost over the whole season or not do it at all.

Its just a hunch!!

HP

Welcome back, hope you both had a wonderful time.

Our Lands and Highways Records people at work (I work of a Local Authority) define the highway boundary (where it is not noted or marked) as being the roadside edge of the highway ditch (if it exists) or the middle of any fence or hedge line. If there is a gap (again if there are no records) then a line parallel to the centreline of the road is drawn between both ends of the gap.

Does that make sense? Is it of any use? Probably not, its late thats my excuse.