PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ - Joint List
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2018, 04:43
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by BO0M
Sorry Offcut I'm not here often haha. To be honest I don't have a desired outcome, as I alluded to earlier it doesn't effect me. It would be nice to see some common sense displayed by all parties. The company need to realise anything that promotes a reduction in T&Cs isn't going to get anywhere with either pilot group. (1)Moreover the pilot groups need to get on the same page and come up with something that suits all instead of infighting and insulting one another.

(2)Can I just throw out something that may throw a cat amongst the pigeons........If Air NZ management really want this combined GOP list, which they do by all accounts. Whats stopping them from dissolving Mt Cook and Air Nelson legal entities and changing everyones employer to Air NZ? If that happens the RSL would automatically be placed on the bottom of the GOP list. No vote needed.
1.) Obviously, I do not speak for the Pilot group as a whole, but certainly the message I'm hearing out on the line is in support of a Tag and Release/Reserved seniority system. Link Pilots, after reaching a certain level of experience (i.e. a Command and X hours) become eligible for an Air NZ position or a reserved number if they cannot be released... Air NZ have currently adopted this.

2.) Honestly? Probably nothing. The Unions would negotiate the payscales for Link Aircraft and they would subsequently be added to the Air NZ CEA (upon ratification). All Link Pilots would then be employed by Air NZ, under our CEA... a massive win for them. Would the company ever do that? Hard to say, but I doubt it. As much as they're flogging the A320 crews they can still flog Link Pilots more!

Last edited by ElZilcho; 15th Oct 2018 at 05:49.