PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts
Thread: Jeppesen Charts
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2001, 02:12
Monty Nivo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

OzExpat,

I wasn't trying to flame you, and I don't take kindly to your aggressive remark about 'more talented people'. Cheeky b*****d. Care to compare CVs/experience/works published etc.?

You made a claim to have expert opinion on the issue, and yet it seems to me, from your post, that you know that the procedures you write are incorrectly interpreted by those publishing and those using them. That means that you are failing in your aims - to write safe procedures that are used corectly. Blaming this error on a third party doesn't wash now, and won't wash in Court. Likewise, any safe procedure correctly published will stand up to legal scrutiny, because it's (a) safe and (b) robust. If you have to skew the figures to protect your six, the figures are wrong.

There is no point in writing any procedure that won't be correctly executed, and I know this because I write procedures too - though I also fly them.

Despite your close liaison with Jeppesen you have failed to convince them to write procedures clearly and correctly. You obviously have great influence there!

And no, I haven't flown any of your procedures. I fly in Europe, you know, the area with high mountains, busy airspace, high traffic density etc. etc., not in PNG, where I guess the grass grows long....

And don't worry - you've thrown down the gauntlet - but I like to marinade the meat before I fry it.