PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts
Thread: Jeppesen Charts
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2001, 19:29
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monty... thank you so much for trying to flame me. That's been done before and by much more talented people than you. And it always defeats the point.

Not that it's really any of your business, but no, I do not work for Jeppesen. I work for an aviation regulator and I design instrument approach procedures. I have done this work for 15 years, so I reckon I have a few more clues about it than you do.

I do, however, take the point that all instructions on an approach chart should be as clear and simple as possible. This isn't always easy to achieve, however, as folks like me also have to consider the legal aspect of everything we do, while trying to ensure we don't miss something that ends up being safety-critical.

You will undoubtedly not have seen any of the procedures I've designed, much less ever flown them in practice or for real. So I'm unable to comprehend how you can make such a heinous accusation about the way I do the job I've done for 15 years - and am still doing. If you're going to flame someone, it might be a good idea to get some facts first, unless they just get in your way, of course.

In case you're interested, I liaise fairly closely with Jeppesen and they will always ask about any aspect of a procedure that they don't understand. That has been my experience of them over the whole of my 15 year tenure to date.

Note, however, that I'm under no regulatory obligation to them. Whatever they do with the procedures I produce is up to them. In effect, they take legal responsibility for their reproduction of my procedures - and all procedures from every other aviation regulator. So, if you have a gripe with any of their charts, take it up with them ... just as I suggested earler in this thread.