PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts
Thread: Jeppesen Charts
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:01
Monty Nivo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

OzExpat,

If it is part of your job (which I don't believe - do you work for Jeppesen?), then you're doing it badly. And what was the 'thanks for your interest and application' remark about, by the way?

Bally Heck,

My point is, that if you don't know how to fly the procedure, you shouldn't operate to the aerodrome. People posting here don't know how to fly the procedure, and yet are operating there (it would seem).

Putting it bluntly (as I was), this shouldn't happen.

My main gripe is with Jeppesen, whose output is very worryingly sub-standard, and yet who don't (it would appear) listen to reason or seek expertise. This applies to their charts and performance data.

However, pilots who don't know what they are doing are a liability to us all, and very specifically, to their passengers.

Problems arise when unclear material is published, especially that which is outside the run-of-the-mill 'fly the aeroplane' type of guidance, as even the trainers won't understand it. Various schools of thought will develop, and will be taught and learnt. Trainees (and checkees) will be exposed to a variety of incorrect techniques and interpretations.

We all need to wake up to this problem before we have too many more fatal accidents as a consequence.

I hope that's a bit clearer.

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: Monty Nivo ]