PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts
Thread: Jeppesen Charts
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2001, 18:12
Lima Xray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firtsly, I never been to Faro.

The missed approach always come in the same ‘order’ for consistency and clarity.

Jeppesen plate LPFR Faro 13-3 (dated 23 Mar 01)

Climb on R-289 keep you in the 3000’ MSA sector. Only when you pass 1400’ you are deemed to be on a safe height clearance by tracking the R-289. You are directed to hold above sea 3000’ MHA.With the climbing gradient would you be out over sea at 1400’?

Runway centerline track is 284° For the NDB missed approach you are instructed to Climb straight ahead. In theory you are then in the 1400’ MSA sector.

Indeed the same VOR approach on RWY 28 without DME is done so ie Climb straight ahead 1800’……..

I always advice to fly the more ‘demanding’ IFR approaches in good weather ‘to see and visualize’ the profile and instruments and to fully appreciate the critical parts like turn away from or through or between high ground like the one below. Just refer to the statistics.

Furthermore according the airport plate 13-1 the VOR is located just south of the runway, so is this why they calculate 289-284= 5° ‘intercept angle’ towards the runway center line. Your CDI will be indicating, assuming correct tuning, intercept required if any.

Your SOP performance plates will indicate obstacle clearance limits and if any emergency turns are required, like Floro, Norway. What do you think of Mosjoen, Norway and Innsbruck , Austria ! Anyone done any of those in minimum weather conditions and had an engine failure. I would be very interested to hear your account.

I always advice to fly the more ‘demanding’ IFR approaches in good weather ‘to see and visualize’ the profile and instruments and to fully appreciate the critical parts like turn away from or through or between high ground like the one below. Just refer to the statistics.

Cheers
L-X

Bartender make that a definite maybe......