PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Rosters
Thread: easyJet Rosters
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 22:33
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like I'm wasting ny breath, but I'll try.

If I am an Orange Doctrine Spreader why am I trying to change the system we currently have? Surely, I would simply defend what we have and be done with it!!!!

The damned leave was bought back to fill gaps in the programme! The gaps were caused by loads of things, one of which was shortage of crews (which in turn was caused by many things - slow recruitment and people leaving being two). I never said anything different.

It did only affect August (and not all of it) as far as I am aware. If other months were affected I apologise but it was never made known.

Are you saying that we should not talk to the company? I agree bullish talk is irresponsible - so who's being bullish exactly?

You have either missed, or ignored, a fundemental point in these discussions. A change will only be considered by the CAA if we (Balpa members) agree (and that will done by vote).

If we don't hear anything worth voting on then nothing will change. So what's the problem?

Furthermore, any change can be reversed after 6 months if found not to be working. Another safety net.

So the company cannot make us follow any new rules we haven't agreed to and don't like - I see no danger there either.

As regards your repeated insistance on comittments from the company - what are you after?

1. They pay you every month.

This is what we are talking about. We want binding comittments, written into agreements. If no-one talks to the company about these things then they'll never happen will they?

If you want a company that responds to you clicking your fingers then do what BA and Virgin have done. 90+% Balpa membership and very good terms negotiations follow.

So many people sit in the background, waiting for someone else to do something, and then simply criticise everything they do.

They are not members of the association doing all the work, but want to know why they are not fully informed of what is going on.

If you want to have a say, and at least try and make a difference - join the club!

Last edited by FlapsOne; 14th Oct 2003 at 23:48.