PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts
Thread: Jeppesen Charts
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2001, 14:22
Flap40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I might be permitted to stick my oar in. The only copy of the Faro plates I can lay my hands on are the Jeppesen ones produced for Microsoft flight sim and I'm assuming that you are talking about plate 13-2 VOR/DME 28.

Firstly the West hold has a MHA of 3000' so I can see your problem with regard to the goaround BUT the only conflict will come from another goaround NOT an arcraft making an approach as there is a remark on the plate that says "Alt procdure - Leave the VOR not below 4000' etc etc" (It is beyond compehension that anyone would hold at VFA west at 3000' and then climb to 4000' to start the approach.

With regard to your point about the 1400' point and the next way point being on the same radial - they might not be!
Assuming I make an approach to the MDA of 460' I will reach that point just after the NDB. My company SOP is to immediately fly the missed approach if nothing is seen (ie not to fly level to the MAP). We will easily pass 1400' before we even get to the VOR so we will be going from the inbound radial of 281 direct to VFA west climbing to 3000' which will keep us nicely under the aircraft that is commencing its approach at 4000' overhead the VOR and never have to intercept the 289 radial.

Flap40
edited for spelling!

[ 22 October 2001: Message edited by: Flap40 ]