PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts
Thread: Jeppesen Charts
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2001, 21:13
Canuck_AV8R

Seperation in the missed approach corridor is the responsibility of the appropriate ATC unit NOT the approach plate designer/printer. You may have issues with Jeppesen charts but this one is not valid IMNSHO.

Seperation criteria would be such that only one aircraft can be on the approach or missed approach at any given time. Here in Canada if there is no radar coverage the first aircraft must either a) cancel IFR, b) land and clear the active runway, or c) commence a missed approach prior to another aircraft proceeding inbound past the FAF. I know it is cumbersome but it works and it is safe.

The bottom line is there should be no-one in the missed approach corridor below 4000 ft (in this case) or a minimum of 1000 ft above the missed approach altitude.

I am not familiar with the particular approach in question but surely no-one should be on the opposite approach to you when you are conducting an approach in what I presume is a non-radar environment. In a radar environment ATC has the responsibility to keep the missed approach corridor clear of A/C not you and not the approach plate designer. If ATC want a different missed approach procedure due to traffic then it should be communicated to you well in advance.