PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice from JET 2 pilots please
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2018, 12:18
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of ‘go now’ callouts. In fact, you’ll rarely get more than 2hrs notice as they like to ‘maintain operational flexibility’.
Often there will be something planned well in advance, but you’ll be the last to know.
There’s plenty of frustration with the standby call out system. Prior to EASA reg changes to FTLs there was a way of knowing that you were going to be called out. Now it’s 2 hours notification and due to summer schedule/roster disruption, standby call outs are increasing in my experience. That being said I have never had any issue with not being allocated the standard 2 hours to report point. Even when I’ve had a ‘get there asap’ call I’ve clarified that I have up to 2 hours, just incase something were to happen enroute. Never been an issue.

Does anyone have any info on non-rated DEC start dates? Been swimming in the hold pool for a few months now, they were very keen to get the assessment done asap and all seems to have stalled now. Are they struggling with training capacity or just waiting to see how many type rated DECs they can get in the door?
From what’s been said, this year to next will be the biggest training intake. Due to the nature of training requirements, rated guys and guys with the required level of jet experience are a priority I suppose. NTR with the maximum required sectors at line training will take most capacity in the system. I very much doubt they’ve forgotten about you. I’m told the training system is working at full tilt!