PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Quality of your Instruction…
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 00:15
Tony Bowers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I acknowledge the hard work that the moderators do, and I acknowledge the tough decisions that you take and I acknowledge the resources that you put in.

It takes a far better person than I to do these things. I have seen BRL and Rob touching the tiller lightly and I have seen Danny going a bit OTT, but still remaining basically decent.

I question whether WWW has the very high level of skill demonstrated by the other moderators.

His saying that he did not call TPR a liar is disingenuous. Here is but one example:
I also quite clearly recall that the final words to me from the Instructor #2 as I boarded the aircraft for the solo were along the lines of ‘look at that magnificent cumulonimbus cloud formation… did know that that type of cloud has more energy in it than an atomic bomb’. (Actually, it might have been 6 A-bombs). I had no idea whether that was true at the time, and frankly still don’t, I have yet to read or take Met. Whether the thunder and lightning had started before my navex I cannot say, I am not sure. It had not at the airfield.
B0ll0cks.

Look at that magnificent CB... off you go Bloggs... yeah right. I don't personally give a toss where you are training or when you alledge all this took place. There is a no chance I nor the CAA is going to spend a single second checking it out.
Saying someone is speaking B0ll0cks is calling them a liar.

Why did I question whether my post would be allowed to stay? I have seen a couple of people who I know to be thoroughly decent and pleasant being quite badly treated by PPRuNe. One of them is retired very hurt indeed and I don't wish to rake that up, the other is a lady friend whose "crime" was to object to BRL being arrogant and referring to "his" forum (something that I notice WWW does as well) and she was permanently banned. To tell the truth, it was her treatment that put me off joining for some years.

Tony

Edited to add example

Last edited by Tony Bowers; 14th Oct 2003 at 00:34.