PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2018, 18:07
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MonsterC01 figures look correct for people in the company as opposed to new joiners. So a command on the B737 in SYD as an example is within reach of pilots that joined in 2008 in rough terms. Some 2010 joiners gained a PER B737 command and these are the most junior in the 737 Aus based operation.

I think the quickest jet command is probably VARA F100 as whilst as whilst that fleet hasn’t growing massively, the use of the fleet has increased significantly. I’m not sure if the B737 NZ operation would offer a quicker route.

There are a lot of variables, change of CEO and property/share market probably the biggest. I personally see the 330/777 continuing as the slots are valuable as is the oncarriage. VARA will only grow bigger in my opinion and the Ejets won’t be coming back.

One point that hasn’t been made is that the vast majority of pilots are GenX. Most Captains are around 45. In around 20 years time there will be an avalanche of commands. Hard to tell where they will fall on the current list. Good luck.

Last edited by Berealgetreal; 7th Oct 2018 at 07:16.