PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training of low hour pilots in airlines
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2003, 22:29
swish266

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low-hours trainees

IHD,
I don't know where you fly, but if it is in the "turd" world U must be ready to do The One Man Show Act any time.
I did some training on F-27 more than 10 years ago with a decent company with proper Training Dept with all the good factors thrown in - a lot of these Low-hours trainees r flyin now wide-bodies on d LHS.
Let me give you some examples from my "pathetic" HVN experience:
While still F/o I had to pamper and do d above act with Ansett trained Vietnamese Captains (who only flew wit Ansett instructors in d RHS).
When I got my Command, I flew wit 2 ex-mil dat had a total of 800 h and about 90 years between dem. HVN never bothered to send dem to a Jep course. Dey could not read the charts!!!!!!!
Another guy, I had to fly with had done 3 ground courses on B767 in Seattle before actually dey put him in d hot-seat. His commie Dad wanted his poor son to become a pilot!!!!!!!
All of this because HVN was playing Ansett, Royal Brunei and Region Air against each other. All 3 companies had to train totally inex/unsuitable pilots to retain d contract with HVN.
My Boss at one time had actually to bring in Boeing people, to do base training to prove d unsuitability of some Vietnamese trainees. We had to do their base train - while d Boeing people assigned dem on d average 150 observer legs!!!!!