PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Rosters
Thread: easyJet Rosters
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2003, 22:07
cosmijewel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it happened again this year just like last year and probably the year before that. price went up though to £1000 per day which makes it pretty attractive. However, trouble is that we work so bloody hard with min days off and European min leave that frankly most people I know need the leave but can't turn the money down - this amount of money shows how absolutely desperate they are and again makes a mockery of any suggestion that they can move to 5 and 3

Flaps - don't want to knock the PC becos I think we are all on the same side but don't trust the management. You still can't give me one example where they've kept an undertaking to the pilots

Just for good measure, when you negotiate this deal ( and I for one think you should'nt) I bet you'll find that the new duty rules become a contractural obligation on our part to work to them. Before you go any further just ask if the 5 and 3 is going to be a contractural obligation on the part of the company. I bet you'll get the usual 'best endeavour' and 'we'll try' and 'when operationally possible' bleating excuses but anything short of actually being obliged to do it - I don't think RW gives a toss about crew lifestyle and if you do this I think the slack it creates will eventually be used to reduce the crew number so we all just work harder and harder - correct meif I'm wrong but rumour is that the 5 and 3 is already subject to an occasional 6 and 2 - slippery slope is it not!