PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 11:09
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's an interesting article, Wiggy., and one I hadn't seen before

If I understand it correctly, Airbus have already been ' thinking ' of moving some or all wings' manufacture out of Chester whether the UK leaves the EU with or without an FTA and continued EASA membership.

I'd argue that is absolutely normal business planning, whether for reasons of cost or good marketing or, even, to please frustrated partners, but as the article pre-dates the EASA announcement, and we haven't seen or heard anything about what / where will replace Chester since the EASA announcement, I still think Airbus might have the mother of all problems unless they and / or their respective Governments lean on EASA and the EU to come to their senses.

As I said earlier, could Airbus really survive with no new deliveries for a couple of years while they tool-up and skill-up to replace Chester ?

Or source and certify the components to replace the other thousands of UK suppliers to Airbus ?

https://www.airbus.com/company/world...esence/uk.html

Unless there is a Blackadder-esque cunning plan in Toulouse that none of us yet know about....