PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 19:19
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SMT Member
It is inconceivable that UK registred aircraft would not be allowed to land and depart in the EU post Brexit, provided they arrive from or depart to the UK. Denying e.g. BA landing in Paris, Berlin or Madrid is preposterous, and would gain absolutely no-one - on either side of the channel. A solution will be found, simply because there's no alternative. My guess is they'll extend status quo in most respects, meaning the UK aviation industry would still be 'legal' in the eyes of EASA. Speaking of BA, will be interesting to see how a UK based subsidiary of a Spanish company will navigate the waters. Best of both worlds or f:cked either way?

It certainly would, but have you considered what the ultimate consequences of that would mean for UK jobs?
I agree....I said so, I think it was, on Page 2 or 3 of the thread, but got shouted down.

Airbus ?? It will cost far fewer jobs in the UK than it will cost jobs in France, Germany and Spain with no deliveries of new aircraft for a couple of years until Airbus can tool up and skill up a replacement for Chester - assuming they can survive those two years without any income from new deliveries, that is.

Which is why I think so much of this thread is really just people's ramblings ( me included ) and opinions rather than reflecting the realities of what will happen.